Calling all health and fitness pros! (or want-to-be pros!) This is a conference you won’t want to miss!
2014 Health and Fitness Influencers Conference
Hosted by Well LLC
October 26-28, 2014
Harbourtowne Golf & Conference Center
St. Michaels, MD
Registration is open!
(save $20 with my personal code “MelissaB”)
Sponsored by Lululemon Athletica and Complete Nutrition
Come check out all the great speakers, an outdoor yoga class sponsored by lululemon athletica, a run by the water and endless nuggets of information on how to become a health and fitness professional. I am so excited to learn from my fellow professionals! Here are some of the cool lecture & workshop topics:
- Learn about industry trends
- Explore new marketing strategies
- Develop personal branding
- Explore career options
- Explore niche marketing
- Expanding your reach
- Starting your blogging career
I will be leading a workshop on how to start a health and fitness blog if you’re a newbie. It’ll be the first time I teach at a conference, so come out and support me!!!
Register today at eventsbywell.com!!!! See you there!
We are 2/3 of the way through 2014, so it is time to look at my 2014 goals, and where I stand (yikes!):
1. #rad2014- I definitely attempt to sweat every damn day, but I will admit that working out at Foundry Fitness pushes me very close to the max… so I do try to take a rest day here and there. Need to add in more yoga (hopefully I will be teaching soon!)
2. Eating clean–> I have been 95% vegan the past few months (eating an egg here and there… oh, and the bday crab feast. LOL, I am a true Marylander!), but I could always improve. I do have a big interest in raw foods and juicing, and definitely try to avoid processed foods when possible. Food preparation is the biggest part of eating healthy, so I need to make the commitment to myself to focus on what I put in my body.
3. My sanity- I need to meditate more. I have not worked on this goal very much, but I did purchase a book called The Power of the Subconscious Mind. I will tell you how that goes =) I try to enjoy life everyday, see the silver lining of every experience, and keep myself in a constant state of learning.
4. I have re-immersed myself back in social media. Facebook has caused me a bit of trouble but creating a better filter on who I connect with will help prevent further “issues.” I will get more pictures out through Instagram (@mbrooksfit), promise! As for the YouTube Channel, please be patient because I am getting some good ideas together for when I get re-certified as a trainer. And on THAT note…
5. I have officially committed to getting my ACSM Personal Training Certification. I have one month to study, and already informed my accountability partner. I WILL sit for the exam the week of September 8th. And I WILL pass it on the first try 😉 I already have a potential gig set up with a really awesome gym, so stay tuned!
6. My goal is to inspire others to live their dreams, whatever they are. I would love to inspire everyone I meet, but if I could help just one person make the decision to change their life and create the life they always wanted… then I have succeeded.