New Shoe Sunday… On SUNDAY!
Today’s Shoe: New Balance Fresh Foam 980
What makes this shoe super cool?
– 4mm drop… hello natural running feel!
– a midsole made of a single piece of foam for MAX cushioning, MAX ground contact & MAX smoothness.
– breathable air mesh upper with no-sew lasts for a custom fit and to minimize rubbing.
– I test-ran these for a quick 5k with the pup, and I loved the plush cushioning under my feet.
– No rubbing, no pressure points, no problems!
– Spacious toe box to accommodate most runners, even those in-between widths. (P.S. these shoes come in WIDE)
– I would love a pair of these babies. Perfect for my longer runs when I need extra cushioning, or for days I feel tired but still want to be fast. My feet felt so happy, and so did my legs… and I even ran in these after a 4.5-mile “warm-up.”
– Side-note: They are great for the gym too (neutral & light-weight)!
#rad2014 Challenge UPDATE:
Month-to-Date Mileage = 96.32 miles (biggest month yet, and still 1 day to go!)
Year-to-Date Mileage = 274.72 miles (Woo!)
Only ALMOST missed a day ONCE… and it was Friday. I was sitting in Buffalo Wild Wings (a weird place for a vegan), watching college basketball, and I realized I had forgotten to run! I didn’t get home until nearly 1 AM, but my amazing husband, Ben, made sure I didn’t give up on my goal; together we ran 2.21 miles at 1 AM… after an excess of fried foods and beer. Ouch! It was so uncomfortable that it was almost fun… or at least, funny.
INSTAGRAM // @mbrooksfit
PINTEREST // @mbrooksfit
TWITTER // @mbrooksfit
FACEBOOK // MelissaBrooksWellness
Health Coaching via phone or Skype